[linux-audio-user] syncing ardour with video

Thomas Charbonnel thomas at undata.org
Sun Jun 6 04:56:08 EDT 2004

> hi all,
>
> is there any possibility to sync ardour (probably using jack) with a
> video file player? i want to compose a soundtrack to for some visuals...
>
> cheer...
>
> --
>  Tim                          mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de

Hi Tim,

I have plans to do this using a jack-transport enabled client linked
against xine-lib to display the video in its own window (xinerama enabled,
with optional timecode overlay) and the CMT's animatics infrastructure to
display thumbnails of the movie in a dedicated video track in ardour for
precise synchronisation. I hope to get this working before Paul goes to
Bordeaux (beginning of July).

Thomas