[linux-audio-user] JACK of two Cards

Ross Vandegrift ross at willow.seitz.com
Mon Jun 7 10:04:48 EDT 2004

On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 09:57:03AM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> > You should get a real multichannel card or two cards that provide a
> > way to be synced to each other like the M-Audio Delta cards should do
> > (never tried) or the RME cards. Multichannel cards based on the IC1721
> > chips are really inexpensive nowadays.
>
> I dont think the dedicated sync on the 44's and so on is supported under
> linux - it requires some driver stuff. Wordclock will still work though.

It's my understanding that the 44 doesn't support sync, that you've
gotta go to the 66 or higher to get them in sync.

Even if there's no wordclock on the 66+ cards, you can still hit the
control in envy24control to force time sync to SPDIF in, and then hook
the cards up via SPDIF.  But since the 44 has no SPDIF, I'm SOL on
that front.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at willow.seitz.com