[linux-audio-user] Make Stereo WAV out of Two Separate Files and Other Weird Activities

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Mon Jun 7 12:14:49 EDT 2004

	Is there a way to take two mono .wav files and
combine them in to a stereo .wav file?

	The way I imagine something like this is that the utility
combining the two .wavs would have to pad the shorter of the two
files out with silence.

	This gives you two independent streams of audio to play with.

	Along the same type of thinking, is there a utility that
splits a stereo .wav file in to two mono .wavs?  Trust me.  There are
a number of uses for bending the technology in this way.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Information Technology Division Network Operations Group