[linux-audio-user] Setup tweaks

LinuxMedia linuxmedia4 at netscape.net
Sun Jun 13 15:19:31 EDT 2004

> I use 'qjackctl' to start jack and  then 'qjackctl'
> invokes a script to start up some other apps that
> connect to jack.  Everything is operartionally functional,
> but...
>
> Everytime I start it up, it's kinda random where the
> windows for the various apps show up on the screen.  I'd
> really like to be able to set window size and location
> for everything that starts so I don't have to waste time
> rearranging my screen so things are convenient.

I'm not sure if it's a KDE only command, but "kstart" can at least get
the apps onto different desktops. It also has some other flags that do
other things...

In it's simplest form... This will start qjackctl on desktop 2...
kstart --desktop 2 qjackctl

Here's an example of how it will start qjackctl on desk 2, jump to
desktop 2 (no matter what desktop you are currently on) and (not) have
an entry in the task bar...

kstart --desktop 2 --activate --skiptaskbar qjackctl

see "kstart --help" for more info

Rocco