[linux-audio-user] balance stereo

Anahata anahata at treewind.co.uk
Wed Jun 16 07:03:43 EDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 05:07:49AM -0500, DJ Astroboy wrote:
> Is there a cookbook, command line way to balance out a stereo wav file
> where the two channels should be roughly at the same level? Rezound
> works well for this if you've got lots of time, but I've ended up with a
> bunch of these, and I need to automate...

I think you can use ecasound or sox to split the stereo into two mono
wav files that can be normalized with normalize and then recombined with
ecasound or sox again. Messy but should work unattended on a batch once
you figured out the exact script details.

--
Anahata
anahata at treewind.co.uk       Tel: 01638 720444