[linux-audio-user] Re: [Consortium] Re: [a-users] New Linux forum on Sound on Sound site

Them idragosani at chapelperilous.net
Wed Jun 16 10:24:47 EDT 2004

Steve Harris wrote:

> My memory is not good enough to remmeber what forum threads and messages I
> have read otherwise. Also the time take to compose a typical forum message
> is massivly higher than replying to a list - though that way be a point in
> forum's favour ;)

I concur... I prefer mailing lists over web forums.  I can read email
from anywhere anytime, whether or not I have a web browser available,
and I have better editing tools in an email application, it's easy to
print out messages that I might need to refer to (like a long list of
configuration steps someone posted), and if I perhaps need to forward
information to someone else, it's easy to do in email.  In a web forum,
you are pretty much tied to what the web forum's software provides.

-- Brett