[linux-audio-user] Re: [Consortium] Re: [a-users] New Linux forum on Sound on Sound site

miriam clinton (iriXx) m at iriXx.org
Sat Jun 19 05:11:40 EDT 2004

RickTaylor at speakeasy.net wrote:

>On 16-Jun-2004 James Stone wrote:
>}  On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 09:08:40PM -0500, RTaylor wrote:
>
>} >  Thunderbird just seems sort of "foreign" to me...
>
>}  Tried pan as a newsreader? Very nice if you like the GUI approach. Just
>}  found out you can get LAU as newsgroup feed from gmane too!
>
> Pan's pretty nice for a GUI thingy... gnus is my favorite newsreader bar
>none...

sorry... maybe its the older versions that i used, but it sucks ass...
crashes all the time. sorry to any developers who are involved - if you
like i can test it and help you with bug reports.

also i prefer a client where i can do email plus news.

>}  If you prefer terminal stuff, I think slrn is pretty nice (or maybe tin:
>}  I swing between the two).
>
> I've not used slrn since about '96-97 or so... tin since around '94. As far as
>really old school stuff goes I probably prefer trn {and some of the variants
>thereof} to anything. Slrn is pretty good though. gnus beats everything else
>hands down in my opinion.

i'm dyslexic. can't do stuff that aint visual at least in one way.

i learnt linux once i got the visual side of the filesystem tree. i
picture it. but thats why i cant program.

i use things in a bizarre way though so i'm an ideal bug tester.

btw. whats XFMail?

> I've not really seen that much on usenet these days worth bothering with...
>maybe the coding groups... Everything else seems to have been spammed to death.

bleh, yep.

i also dont like RSS feeds... much as i'm FOSS i dont like my stuff
being out in the open for all to see when its private debate and discussion.

mC~

--
Lose yourself in the music, the moment, you own it, you better never let it go,
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow this opportunity comes once in a lifetime.

-- Eminem: from 8 Mile

www.iriXx.org
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk