[linux-audio-user] Problem: Audigy Platinum Pro and MIDI

Drew Mills drewmills at insightbb.com
Sat Jun 19 10:24:42 EDT 2004

I have my new Audigy Platinum Pro working for wave audio (ogg, mp3,
etc).  But MIDI just won't play.  Here's what I tried and I thought it
should work.

drew at linux:~> pmidi -list
 Port     Client name                       Port name
 64:0     Audigy MPU-401 (UART) - Rawmid    Audigy MPU-401 (UART)
 64:32    Audigy MPU-401 (UART) - Rawmid    Audigy MPU-401 #2
 65:0     Emu10k1 WaveTable                 Emu10k1 Port 0
 65:1     Emu10k1 WaveTable                 Emu10k1 Port 1
 65:2     Emu10k1 WaveTable                 Emu10k1 Port 2
 65:3     Emu10k1 WaveTable                 Emu10k1 Port 3
drew at linux:~> pmidi -p 65:0 LetItBe.mid

But it hangs right here.  It looks like it might even be trying to play
something.  But nothing comes out.  No matter which port I try, nothing
comes out.  And, yes the volume is up.  On everything!  But I get
absolutely no midi sound.

It seems to me that this is the simplest MIDI test I can do.  Nothing
else is running.  Shouldn't this be making some sound?

Thanks,
Drew