[linux-audio-user] OT: removing wax from vinyl

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Sat Jun 19 10:53:04 EDT 2004

I would suspect that hot water (not ridiculously hot) would remove it.
On a related note, before you record your vinyl wipe the records down
with a damp sponge and leave them damp when you record.  The water
actually helps the needle pick up the sound from the grooves better than
when it's dry.  I have been told that you can add a small amount of soap
to the water and that helps as well but I haven't tried that yet.

Jan