[linux-audio-user] Re: producing a drum sample library for hydrogen

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Sat Jun 19 15:48:56 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-06-19 at 14:26, Lee Revell wrote:
> RickTaylor at speakeasy.net wrote:
>

> >  Have you actually worked with 24/96?
> >

> I must admit I have not.  But I don't need to try satellite internet to
> know that it's unusable either, I know what the speed of light is and I
> can do the math.

	Yes, but even physiologists don't completely understand how hearing
works.  Nyquist doesn't appear to be the answer to everything.  Read the
latest issue of TapeOp and especially the interview with Walter Sear.  I
tend to record at 24/44.1 but that's just because 16/44.1 is my target
and I don't use much in the way of effects.  I also hear a difference
though when I record 24/44.1 and 24/96.

Jan