[linux-audio-user] Problem: Audigy Platinum Pro and MIDI (some better details)

Erik Steffl steffl at bigfoot.com
Sun Jun 20 01:10:51 EDT 2004

Drew Mills wrote:
> Sorry, I left out a few details.  I'm running SUSE 9.1 with ALSA
> (alsactl says v1.0.3) and the 2.6 kernel.  For this test I do not have
> JACK running.  I'm just trying to get the Audigy card to play a MIDI file.
> If anyone can provide some insight, I'd appreciate it.  Also, I imagine
> this is the best forum for discussing problem with Linux Audio.  Does
> anyone have suggestions for other places where Linux audiophiles hang out?

   alsa has mailing lists (for users and IIRC for developers too), see
alsa homepage

   did you load the soundfonts? You should have some on the CD that
comes with the card (I guess there are some soundfonts available
somewhere on the net as well), I guess audigy needs the soundfonts
loaded to produce any sound (other creative cards with wavetable synth do).

	erik