[linux-audio-user] Re: linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 9, Issue 50

Them idragosani at chapelperilous.net
Mon Jun 21 13:22:16 EDT 2004

Mark Wilson wrote:

> Thanks for all the responses.  I confess I was using
> the earlier Rosegarden version, as Chris figured out.
> I take it MIDI config. under rosegarden-4 is
> different: must investigate further.  Back to the
> docs!
> (I sincerely do try to RTFM, but I need FM's written
> for FMorons. :-)

I used to be able to get the old Rosegarden to work with timidity.  It
was kind of a pain in the arse, and hell knows if I remember how to do
it.  I could never get the built in sequencer to work, for some reason,
but there was a way to tell the notation editor to use an external
sequencer.

IIRC, you have to run timidity in server mode to use it with the old
Rosegarden.

But try the RG4, if you can, it's sooooo much nicer (and you can import
your old files into the new, I did it with a few old projects).

-- Brett