[linux-audio-user] Good mixer for Delta 1010LT...

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Mon Jun 21 16:34:09 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 00:15, lee wrote:
> Paul Winkler wrote:

> >>That's a feature.  It just takes some getting used to.  Normally I raise
> >>left on one channel and right on another.  This allows you to mix some
> >>left into right and right into left or swap left and right.
> >

> > I agree that it's a feature, but IMHO the UI is less than ideal.
> > I think I'd prefer a single slider and some kind of pan widget.
> >
> This feature makes the "l+r gang" button on each channel useless, since
> the way I have always used analog mixers for stereo tracks is to gang
> channel one and channel two, each paned hard left and right so I can
> control stereo volume with one slider. As it is now I have to raise two
> sliders for stereo tracks, which would work alright with a physical
> mixing desk but I only have one mouse pointer.

	No, not useless.  It gangs left and right for that channel so that you
can put more left than right in, gang the controls, and then raise and
lower them together.  I think there probably needs to be a way to gang
different input channels in addition to this functionality.  Sort of
like the way we gang compressor controls in JAMin.

Jan