[linux-audio-user] Pros/Cons of the Delta 1010LT?

Lee Azzarello lee at fallingforward.net
Mon Jun 21 17:14:52 EDT 2004

Greg Reddin wrote:
> --- Jason MacDermott <jmacdermott at rogers.com> wrote:
>
>>However, since the Delta 1010LT is significantly cheaper, has lots
>>of
>>Ins/Outs (albeit RCAs) and SPIDIF connections, I am now considering
>>this
>>route.  Can anyone give me any thoughts on it?
>

> I have no real regrets with my 1010LT.  I've been using it for about
> 2 years now - one on Linux.  The only things I don't like about it
> are the things that make it cheap -- unbalanced I/O and integrated
> preamps.  My complaints about those things are theoretical b/c I
> haven't had any real problems with them.  I'd just like to eventually
> have a cleaner setup.

You can't really complain for US $300. It's an amazing card for the
price. The bundle of wires hanging out of the back of the computer can
be cumbersome but with some extention cables you can pretty much build
your own I/O rack or spend the extra cash and get the 1010 which is the
same card with a hardware rack already built. The integrated mic preamps
are a nice feature. It basically turns a PC into a small mixing board
with the advantage of, y'know, all that software you can use to get
things in and out of the card.

-lee