[linux-audio-user] RE: simple tool for generating

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Tue Jun 22 02:44:18 EDT 2004

accompaniment

On Tuesday 22 June 2004 02:22, linux-audio-user-request at music.columbia.edu
wrote:
> I need a program that lets me type in chords, select a style, hit play
> and get a midifile with drum and bass accompaniment for practicing. I
> looked around and although I found a few tools they all seem to be aimed
> at jazz (which I also play, so I'll look into the ones I found), but for
> this purpose I need something in faily straight-ahead pop/rock style. Is
> such a thing outthere? Or should I go for another more jazz oriented
> tool, and if so, which?

Alas, the one I use "Jammer" and another great tool "Onyx" are Windows only.
So is BIAB. These are all paid products, not opensource or gnu. There is
little motivation to port this stuff. Not enough customer demand outside
Windows.

I will try gmorgan if I can get it compiled but I am still stuck in Windows
for this type of work and like to remain so for the foreseeable future.