[linux-audio-user] XMMS problem

Joseph Dell'Orfano fullgo at dellorfano.net
Tue Jun 22 23:47:09 EDT 2004

Probably a stupid oversight on my part, but I am having trouble
listening to audio CDs. I have the jack plugin enabled on xmms and with
jack running, I get no audio from xmms when playing a cd from either one
of my drives (/mnt/cdrom or /mnt/cdrom1). xmms plays .wav files with no
problem through the jack plugin. Any ideas?

In case you were wondering, all else (including ardour, jack, etc) works
fine on my machine. It is fedora core 1 with low latency kernel patches
and a delta 1010LT card. DAW stuff works great as do my video apps. Just
discovered this CD problem when trying to test a cd that I just burned.

Thanks,

-Joe Dell'Orfano