[linux-audio-user] updated VST/VSTi tutorial

Them idragosani at chapelperilous.net
Thu Jun 24 11:04:00 EDT 2004

Dave Phillips wrote:

>  I've recently updated my tutorial on using VST/VSTi plugins under Linux :
>
>        http://www.djcj.org/LAU/quicktoots/toots/vst-plugins/
>
>  It now includes material regarding the fst project as well as the
> vstserver.

Cool!

I have questions about using jack_fst.  When I run it with a VST, should
the VST interface come up or does it become available as a LADSPA plugin
in a JACK client?  I only have one VST plugin I am using, the M-Tron
Mellotron emulator, and when I run it with jack_fst, nothing happens,
the program hangs and I have to 'kill -9' it eventually.  If the VST
plugin also uses sample files (there are many for this synth) from a
sub-directory underneath where the binary sits, will it be able to find
them under a Linux filesystem or do I need to place them under the Wine
'fake_windows' file hierarchy?

-- Brett