[linux-audio-user] Re: Sample Rates / Sample Sizes

RickTaylor at Speakeasy.Net RickTaylor at Speakeasy.Net
Thu Jun 24 22:48:38 EDT 2004

On 24-Jun-2004 Greg Murphy wrote:
}  Yes, POW-R algorithms seeem to be pretty popular and many engineers
}  will select a particular POW-R type to suit the source material. For me
}  (and my crap ears) the difference in dither types is hard to hear and
}  it was only when I had the chance to use decent monitoring systems
}  (Dunlavy /B&W/ Levinson) that I (think) I heard a difference.

 Again... try it with noise {You can generate several types in rezound...}
Once you learn to recognize the effects there its a lot easier to see {hear}
it in other stuff.

 I use noise reduction software to carve at noise... you can get some pretty
amazing sounds that way. You may find you don't even need a synth.}

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?showtopic=19529&
http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/quality/
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=dither&btnG=Search&meta=gro
up%3Drec.audio.pro