[linux-audio-user] List Archive and replying

Marv Smoak smoak at mis.net
Fri Jun 25 10:26:29 EDT 2004

On Friday 25 June 2004 08:09 am, tim hall wrote (and I snipped):
> Last Thursday 24 June 2004 18:26, Marv Smoak was like:
> > When I'm viewing a message in the archive, and click
> > on Reply, the message to which I'm replying is not
> > quoted in the compose-message screen.  I'm sure I can
> > solve this by cut/paste manually.  Is there a way to
> > setup the mail program to generate the quote of the
> > the replied-to message automatically as when the original
> > message is in my mailbox?  Or is this a limitation of
> > the archive setup?
>
> kmail should do this by default. maybe you have an old version. It _should_
> be obvious in Settings > Configure KMail >> Composer, but YMwpV ;-)
> It's not a function of the list set-up AFAIK.
>
> cheers
>
> tim hall

Yes, KMail does it fine if I'm viewing the message with KMail.  But if I've
deleted the message from KMail and go to the archive with the browser and
use the reply link on the archive webpage,  the message is not quoted.
I did some Google'ing and this does appear to be a limitation of the
mailto: link in HTML for any web site; mailto: just can't do that, I
think.  (I also noticed that the PlanetCCRMA archive doesn't have a reply
link.)  So it appears that cut/paste, manual quote is the only way.
Thanks for the reply anyway,
Marv