[linux-audio-user] arecord question

Kai Vehmanen kai.vehmanen at wakkanet.fi
Mon Jun 28 16:08:34 EDT 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Hans wrote:

> need a problem free way to record. Audacity does only /dev/dsp
> recording, ReZound can record but is too unstable, so what else is
> there? I want a KISS solution. Any hints?

You might want to try ecasound - http://www.eca.cx/ecasound ...

sh> ecasound -i alsa -o foobar.wav
[... record and end with ctrl-c]

Some reasons why you should use ecasound for recording:
  - http://eca.cx/ecasound-list/2001/06/0016.html

That's a mail I wrote in 2001, but most of the things I mention are still
very much relevant. And some examples of what else you can do:

http://www.wakkanet.fi/~kaiv/ecasound/Documentation/examples.html
http://www.wakkanet.fi/~kaiv/ecasound/Documentation/tutorials.html

Hope this helps. :)

--