[linux-audio-user] Reading/playing a "copy protected" CD : cdparanoia seems not to help

Chris Pickett chris.pickett at mail.mcgill.ca
Mon Jun 28 19:09:15 EDT 2004

Jan Depner wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 17:28, Chris Pickett wrote:
>>Anyway, for me it's a moot point ... I just buy vinyl!
>>

> 	I can't find anything old (like me) in good shape or I'd do the same.

I guess it depends on how old you want your music, what you're looking
for, and where you live.  I've bought things dating back to the 70's
that are still fine, but I don't have a lot of experience buying stuff
much older than that.

Mostly I just use p2p networks to discover new music.  It can be much
better than going to a store to listen / find stuff, and since it's
legal in Canada (currently!), I really don't have any problems with it.
  If I like it but can't find it for sale, I just keep the ripped copy.

Cheers,
Chris