[linux-audio-user] Re: giga files and large soundfonts

James Stone jmstone at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Jun 30 14:22:00 EDT 2004

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 18:50:40 +0200, Christian Frisson wrote:

> Heyall,
>
> Once again, I see there's always somebody to urge you to reveal your plots ,-)
> Good, I'm now compelled to spawn something!

This is great news! You have saved me a lot of work!

Is there anything I can do to help out (cutting up samples etc.?)

With respect to the number of samples I would say use all the notes we
have with as little pitch shifting as possible (considering the University
of Iowa set seems to have each note sampled multiple times). Also as many
velocity settings as possible, seeing as each note has been sampled at
different volumes..

James