[linux-audio-user] timidity as demon

Them idragosani at chapelperilous.net
Wed Jun 30 17:50:03 EDT 2004

reed wrote:

> I need to use timidity as demon, but I can't find the right way...
> i.e. I have to backgrounding it to make rosegarden play midi files,
> or to let denemo to play what i'm writing.

The -ir option make timidity run as a MIDI server.  -iA makes it run as
an alsa sequencer client.

Are you using the old version of Rosegarden for this?  If you are using
Rosegarden4 you are better off using the builtin sequencer.

--
Rule of Feline Frustration:
         When your cat has fallen asleep on your lap and looks utterly