[linux-audio-user] shuttle xpcs as linux music boxes?

Richard Seymour nutate at speakeasy.net
Mon Mar 1 11:07:09 EST 2004

hi,
As a fellow muller, I've looked into the Shuttle xpc Zen.  It has an
external powersupply, a la the apple cube, and is extremely quiet
according to the people of www.silentpcreview.com.  Right now it only
comes in a pentium 4 flavor, but they may release an AMD version.  It's
biggest flaw is the lack of an AGP slot (it has builtin nvidia, and 2
pci slots, I believe).  That wouldn't be any problem if you don't run
any really graphics intensive games.
-Rich