[linux-audio-user] drum loops, samples,

Anahata anahata at treewind.co.uk
Tue Mar 2 05:19:00 EST 2004

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 09:37:18AM +0000, tim hall wrote:
> It was fairly common in the early days of stereo to
> have the whole band on one side and all the vocals on the other

Wasn't it three track, with lead vocal on one track and band in stereo on
the other two?

> Alltogether I would say don't be afraid of hard- panning things, so long as
> you have something of a similar energy and pitch to balance it up on the
> other side.

I liked the idea of doubling backing vocals panned hard L & R.

The other thing to watch out for while having all this fun is mono
compatibility. Lots of music still get played on AM radio or mono
portables.

--
Anahata
anahata at treewind.co.uk       Tel: 01638 720444