[linux-audio-user] drum loops, samples,

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Tue Mar 2 08:37:41 EST 2004

> > I remember that there was already some discussion on this topic ?
>
> Yes, there was a thread when Tom Szilagyi announced the first
> version of its plugins on LAD.
> And I'd like to keep this discussion alive, too.

Presets are something that non-hacker users can contribute, and they
have real practical value.

They're also not such a big commitment as agreeing to take on website
maintenance or documentation - I think the experience of the Welsh
KDE translation project was that allowing people to do as little as
they liked whenever they liked, on a casual basis, really helped get
the job done. (They set up a website where you could just translate
one string if you wanted to.)

Cheers

Daniel