[linux-audio-user] Kernel 2.6.x latency

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Wed Mar 10 08:42:31 EST 2004

Hello,

I'm trying to get jack & ardour working with the 2.6.x kernels. Do you
have any hints/tips? I've now tried:
 debian 2.6.2
 debian 2.6.3
 debian 2.6.3 modified with LSM support + realtime module
 standard 2.6.4-rc2-mm1 (couldn't get realtime module working)
 standard 2.6.3-mm4 LSM support + realtime module (kinda working..)

None of these have provided me with sufficient latency. Jack keeps
throwing Ardour out for stupid reasons like closing the mixer window.

(with realtime module, I mean http://www.joq.us/realtime/)

Is there some magic trick I've forgotten to do, or I haven't heard of? I
have DMA enabled on my harddrive, and this same system runs like dream
with 2.4 kernels.

Thanks
  Sampo