[linux-audio-user] Re: OT: cannot reach ardour.org

Robert Epprecht epprecht at solnet.ch
Sat Mar 13 06:15:48 EST 2004

Anahata <anahata at treewind.co.uk> writes:

> FYI - the way to find out what's going on when a domain doesn't work is:
> first
> whois ardour.org

This does not work from here:
  whois ardour.org
  No match for "ARDOUR.ORG".
  >>> Last update of whois database: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 19:13:19 EST <<<

> That will tell you the nameservers for the domain.
> (in this case ns1.deramhost.com, ns2..., ns3...)
> You should be able to get the IP addres from them:
> host ardour.org ns1.dreamhost.com

this works:
  host ardour.org ns1.dreamhost.com
  ardour.org              A       66.33.221.124

> If either of those steps doesn't work the domain is broken (fsvo
> "broken"). This can happen temporarily if the domain gets moved from one
> registrar or primary nameserver to another.

'temporarily' yes, but for days and weeks?  And it should work after some
time, shouldn't it?  Or should I contact people from my DNS or ardour.org.
And then I do not think that my emails reach ardour.org, anyway...

Thanks a lot for your help!
Robert Epprecht