[linux-audio-user] Start up script for DAW ...

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Mar 13 07:20:28 EST 2004

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 08:09:14 -0800, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
> I start the gui based apps from a console so I can run them as root. The
> functions such as the midi port connections in the sequence of opening
> apps is the issue. I'm also green in this area. Have never written any
> scripts before...wouldn't know where to start.

A shell script is simply a text file starting with #!, and made executable
by setting the x bit (eg. chmod a+x myscript.sh)

eg.

#!
ardour mysession
otherprogram /path/to/saved/file

Last time I look though I couldn't find a way to pass a saved file to AMS,
thats was a while ago, and someonme might have fixed it since then.

LASH (née LADCCA) is probably a better longtem solution to this problem
(http://lash-audio-session-handler.org/), but not many apps support it
yet.

- Steve