[linux-audio-user] FW: dyne:bolic 1.2 codename "DYNE:TRAX"

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Sun Mar 21 07:04:26 EST 2004

On Friday 19 March 2004 3:58 pm, derek holzer wrote:
Quoting jaromil <jaromil at dyne.org>:

>       This software is about Resistance ina babylon world which tries to
>     control and limit the way we communicate and we share informations
>     and knowledge.
>
>     This software is for all those who cannot afford to have the latest
>     expensive hardware to speak out their words of consciousness and good
>     will.

Hallel -u-Jah!

It's great to read these words on a list like this :)
I'm going to put up an intro to Linux Audio on my own website soon, I'd like
to quote this in support of Linux Audio generally. It will make much sense to
my readers. Reggae fans in the Free State of Avalonia are known as
'Glastafarians' (no dis), partly because of the whole 'New Jerusalem' mythos
(we can discuss British Imperialism later) and partly because Bob Marley's
dad is supposed to have been born round here.

The details are arguable, but the spirit of the statement is clear.
No Babylon in my Box!
It takes the whole argument away from the geeky and technical and into the
intuitive and spiritual. A much better (anti)sales-pitch for my immediate
community.

I'm finding that I'm not needing too many intellectual arguments - I'm
watching many of my friends try WinXP for the first time this year. They all
roundly hate it. So really it's just a matter of time before they accept my
offer to install Linux for them :-) I have explained that it's possibly as
much trouble as XP initially, the difference being that you end up with a
working system that's safe on the internet, instead of something that's going
to mess up on you again in about a month's time.

One Love

tim hall