[linux-audio-user] Major problem with RME HDSP/Multiface and a 64-bit AMD laptop

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Mon Mar 22 12:30:22 EST 2004

> FSB on this beast to the best of my knowledge should be plenty fast
> (200MHz x ?

As I understand it, the AMD64 architecture doesn't have a front side
bus. AMD are promoting the chips on the basis that they don't have
the memory bottleneck of the 32-bit Intel architecture.

I'm currently researching a piece on AMD64 for Sound on Sound, so I'd
be glad to hear about any real-world experiences. I'm waiting for a
case to be delivered, so I can build an Opteron 240 machine based on
an Asus SK8V board.

Cheers

Daniel