[linux-audio-user] what's the best option here? / SosPubs article

Kent, Gary gkent at mhc.edu
Mon Mar 29 09:36:39 EST 2004

Steve,

	Sorry to be a pest, but does the Hammerfall Lite fall right into
the box on Linux?  If I'm seeing right there is not the possibility with
this card to have playback without a computer since it is nothing but
optical ports, with no 1/8" or 1/4" jacks?  This Lite card is what I
have been leaning towards but want to be really sure about it because I
am researching a whole new setup based around a good optical card.
Just out of curiosity, what preamps and such do you interface to this
card with?

Mark Knecht:
	You said that you didn't use the Lite card much under Linux but
that it worked ok, and sorry to be a pest here, but were there
deficiencies somewhere with this card that caused you to yank it out?

>> I also own a Hammerfall Light. It worked under Linux, but I didn;t
use it much. Some time ago I removed it and it's sitting on my desk
begging for a machine to go into.

	That wouldn't be a sales offer, would it?  ;>)

Many thanks again,
gk