[linux-audio-user] snd-hdsp+cardbus=distortion -- the sagacontinues (cardbus driver=culprit?) UPDATE: 99.9% sure it is the cardbus driver yenta_socket

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Tue Mar 30 13:53:53 EST 2004

hi russel

> The majority of PCMCIA is the same between the two kernels.  There
> have been some cleanups and changes to the way card events (insertions
> and removals) occur, and some setup changes to the cardbus bridge to
> turn on some extra features.
>
> However, if you're saying that 2.4 and 2.6 behave the same way, then
> logically it isn't something that any of these changes have caused.

i tried to use the pcmcia-cs driver again (2.4.24-ck1 ... they didn't
work with the hdsp, either (afaik, the pcmcia-cs driver never worked
with the hdsp, but i'm not sure about that)
the dmesg output was:

PCI: Found IRQ 5 for device 02:00.0
PCI: Sharing IRQ 5 with 01:00.0
PCI: Found IRQ 11 for device 02:00.1
PCI: Sharing IRQ 11 with 00:1f.3
PCI: Sharing IRQ 11 with 00:1f.5
PCI: Sharing IRQ 11 with 00:1f.6
  O2Micro OZ6933 rev 01 PCI-to-CardBus at slot 02:00, mem 0x20000000
    host opts [0]: [pci/way] [pci irq 5] [lat 168/176] [bus 3/6]
    host opts [1]: [pci/way] [pci irq 11] [lat 168/176] [bus 7/10]
    ISA irqs (default) = 3,4,7,9,10 PCI status changes
cs: cb_alloc(bus 7): vendor 0x10ee, device 0x3fc5
cs: cb_free(bus 7)
cs: cb_alloc(bus 7): vendor 0x10ee, device 0x3fc5
PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device .
ALSA ../../alsa-kernel/pci/rme9652/hdsp.c:5031: unable to grab memory
region 0x0-0x1bff
RME Hammerfall-DSP: no cards found

i have no idea of the differences between the cardbus drivers of the
kernel and of the pcmcia-cs project ...
anyway, the hdsp is working on a certain area of memory, that the
pcmcia-cs driver can't grab the kernel driver can ...
i disabled acpi and apic and used pci=biosirq as kernel flag

maybe this can give you a hint ... anyway, i hope thomas can comment on
that...

cheers and thanks for your help...

 Tim                          mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de
                              ICQ: 96771783
--
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,