[linux-audio-user] snd-atiixp - ATI SoundMAX

Mark Knecht markknecht at comcast.net
Wed Mar 31 20:34:54 EST 2004

Hi,
   Thanks for responding. If it was Intel based, then I would see
snd-intel8x0? If it was Via based (which I'm sure it isn't since ATI and
Via compete in the chipset market) then I would see snd-via82xx.

   What I'm seeing is this doing an lsmod is:

snd-atiixp	7660	0

plus other standard stuff like snd-seq, snd-pcm, etc. This is on Alsa
Version 1.0.3 from the new Dyne:bolic CD.

   I noticed that in alsamixer it identifies itself as:

Card:	ATI IXP
Chip:	Analog Devices AD1981B, Silicon Labratory Si3036/8 rev 7

Looking on the Alsa site I see there is an Analog Devices 1981B entry,
and it does suggest both the Intel and Via drivers that you and Gian
Paolo suggested, but if I follow those instructions I'm not going to end
up with this machine booting a driver called snd-atiixp.

Maybe I'll just try doing an Alsa emerge that builds everything and then
see if I get a driver that matches this name. Possibly it's just new
enough that no one has done a Alsa page update for it yet...

Thanks,
Mark