[linux-audio-user] wav editor that does not require alsa

miriam clinton (iriXx) m at iriXx.org
Mon May 3 08:53:06 EDT 2004

Audacity.

without a doubt its the best, and strongest application for wave
editing, with support for VST plugins via the vst import device (sorry
guys, forgotten what it's called, hmm it might be Alsa only but there
are plenty of good OSS-based effects too). i still use Audacity despite
having the option of using Alsa -  its also lightweight, and does a nice
job of mixing, recording and editing. can't reccomend it highly enough.

hth,

m~

--
"Do not engage me in irrelevant conversation"
-- Seven of Nine, Star Trek: Voyager

www.iriXx.org
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk