[linux-audio-user] Linux Audio Conference #2

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki eric at zhevny.com
Mon May 3 14:41:53 EDT 2004

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> tim hall hat gesagt: // tim hall wrote:
>>The areas for improvement are probably obvious and the advances in Linux
>>Multimedia will more things possible in future. It's a great way of
>>showcasing what Linux is capable of Multimedia-wise.
  >>Where people had pre-prepared presentations they were available on
>>the Web. Frank Barknecht, Steve Harris and Joern Nettingsmeier have
>>to be praised for the quality of information here.
>>The whole has made me curious as to the possibilities of using musical
>>programming languages. Particularly, hearing Frank and Fernando Pablo
>>Lopez-Lezcano producing recognisable music using these techniques was
>>particularly revealing. The concerts were maginficent, I'd like pointers to
>>these other composers' websites for more info, downloadable music, hell, I'd
>>even pay for CDs :-) If anyone knows.
> Some concerts were streamed? I didn't know that. If someone has
> wget-recorded mine (beginning of Linux Sound Night, about 16 minutes),
> I actually would be interested in hearing at what I actually did on
> stage. It was my debut there with a laptop and so I was in a tizzy and
> forgot to set up Pd for recording the things I did live, which I
> intended to do... ;-(

I don't think the linux sound night was streamed.

Regarding composers websites:

There is a list on Dave's site that links to some of them, as well as
others who were not at the conference:
http://sound.condorow.net/music.html

Ivica Ico Bukvic has more on his site than the one piece linked to by dave:
http://meowing.ccm.uc.edu/~ico/index2nf.html

There are some really interesting things there.

Anyone have links for any of the others?

-Eric Rz.