[linux-audio-user] Back home from Linux Audio Conference #2 (brief note)

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Tue May 4 11:05:29 EDT 2004

Greetings:

  I just wanted to echo the kind words expressed here regarding the
great work performed by Joern and the others who made possible the audio
streaming for LAD2004 (or whatever it's actually named). Thanks, guys !

  Next year (yes, there will be a LAD2005 at ZKM): video streams !

  Also, re: the concerts: I understand that the concerts were not
streamed due to license/royalty concerns. Too bad, there was some
excellent music this year, a most welcome addition to the conference.

  I have to write a couple articles on the conference for the Linux
Journal and for the Computer Music Journal, so I'll simply say here:
Vast thanks to everyone who particpated this year, either on-line or "in
vivo" ! The people at ZKM deserve especial praise for their support and
indulgence at having a lot of very strange people wandering their
hallowed halls: they extended every kindness to the participants and the
audience, and I was pleased to learn that ZKM is quite willing to host
next year's conference. Frank Neumann, Dr. Matthias Nagorni, Goetz
Dipper, and the staff at ZKM deserve great thanks, for without their
assistance this conference simply would not have succeeded so wonderfully.

  A fantastic time was had by all, and I'm already looking forward to
LAD2005. It was great to see old friends again and to meet so many new
ones, and I look forward to seeing you all next year !

Best regards,

Dave Phillips

PS:  Oh yes, very special thanks to Frank Neumann for bringing my
attention to Staplerfahrer Klaus - Der Erste Arbeitstag. I've already
placed my order... ;-)