[linux-audio-user] [OT] recording fom turntable (ripping LPs)

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Wed May 5 04:02:45 EDT 2004

> All of these responses make me feel a bit like a cheater for using
> the SPDIF out on my stanton STR8-80 turntable.

It's not cheating!

>  It can also play 78s...

Even using a modern cartridge you still need a special stylus for 78s
because the groove is much bigger. I use Ortofon OM 78 and 578 which
are interchangeable with their 33/45 equivalents on the same
cartridge body. You'll also need an arm which can track at 3g plus,
but due to the fashion for scratching and 'turntablism' I'm sure your
Stanton deck will be able to do that.

Cheers

Daniel