[linux-audio-user] gcdmaster

Anahata anahata at treewind.co.uk
Wed May 5 08:07:51 EDT 2004

Having seen the recommendations for gcdmaster, and because my partner
has lots of tapes she wants to archive to CD, I installed it on her
(recent Debian snapshot) system.

It worked very nicely for about 5-10 minutes and then crashed with a
segfault, whilst editing track marks. Repeatedly.

Anyone know what environmental factors can affect this? Somebody must
have it running more stable than that to abe able to use it. The version
of gcdmaster seems to be the latest - 1.1.7

Hardware: AMD Duron 1300, 512M RAM, onboard CMI sound chip,
          run-of-the-mill IDE drive. Lots of USB devices (printer,
          mouse, KB, scanner)
Software: Kernel 2.4.25, Gnome 2.4 desktop.

If it doesn't work we'll be back to doing it the hard way with Audacity,
which at least works.

I might try with a small enough audio file to fit all in memory, in case
it's a VM problem. And better check there is a swap partition - I'm sure I
installed one....!

Any suggestions gratefully welcomed.

PS just seen that version 1.1.8 is available. Better try that too...
--
Anahata
anahata at treewind.co.uk       Tel: 01638 720444