[linux-audio-user] Audacity/Windows/Plugins

torbenh at gmx.de torbenh at gmx.de
Wed May 5 08:29:29 EDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 01:20:42PM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Matthew Allen wrote:
> >This appears to be completely outside of the scope of things Audacity
> >can do.
>
> Yes, after continued reading I agree.

there has been a first release of libfst which builds against current
wine. this library enables any linux application to support vst(i)
plugins.

embedding the vst window is known to work with fluxbox and iceWM.
if you dont want to switch windowmanager you must set
"Managed" = "N" in .wine/config
(you will end up with windows decorations... oh well)

there is also jack_fst which is a standalone jack client able to host
vst(i) plugins.

the upcoming galan-0.3.0-beta6 (as seen on ladconf2) release will be the
first modular synth supporting this. (the project lacks some
documentation currently)

ardour-cvs already has vst support. (i think it will contain a
pianoroll soon)

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language