[linux-audio-user] Re: [ecasound] ecasound 2.3.3 released

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki rzewnickie at rfa.org
Wed May 5 15:17:13 EDT 2004

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 10:40:39PM -0400, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> I'm having trouble compiling ecasound, but I can't compile 2.3.2 now
> either, so I think there's something wrong with my system. I'm just
> wondering if anyone else is having problems with this.
> make fails like this:
>    PROCEDURE_TIMER::to_string() const':
> kvu_procedure_timer.cpp:147: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
> make[2]: *** [kvu_procedure_timer.lo] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/eric/audio_code/recent_releases/ecasound-2.3.3/kvutils'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/eric/audio_code/recent_releases/ecasound-2.3.3'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> System details below.
> Thanks,
> Eric Rz.

Just a note for the archives. This probably has nothing at all to do
with ecasound. My system is severly foobar. Shortly after I wrote that
it locked up completely resulting in widespread filesystem corruption.
Now when I boot it hangs at INIT.

I can get to a shell with alt-sysrq or passing init=/bin/bash at the
lilo prompt, but I haven't had time yet to fully survey the damage.
Anyway ... just wanted to say that the compile problem is most likely
not ecasound's fault in the least.

-Eric Rz. (/me thinking maybe it's time to try demudi)