[linux-audio-user] CS46xx and .asoundrc magik...

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Thu May 6 12:40:14 EDT 2004

Using a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz card or should I say experimenting...on
the 2.6.5mm-2 kernel from Thac's repository.

I'm curious if I can get some additional discrete outputs in jack via
the good ol' mystery .asoundrc file?  I have wondered with all of these
supposed 5.1 cards that have a rear and front as well as center channels
as to why this is not possible?  The one thing I see different about the
Santa Cruz is that it seems to show dedicated pcm slots for center and
rear in /proc/asound/pcm?

Having 4 discreet outs on a 5.1 card would be usefull for some things me
thinx.

R~