[linux-audio-user] Is there a shortcut to merely test a midi device?

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Thu May 6 15:36:50 EDT 2004

On Thursday 06 May 2004 17:15, Benjamin Flaming wrote:
> On Thursday 06 May 2004 10:09 am, Lee Dunbar wrote:
> > [snip: how to test a MIDI keyboard]
>
>      Another idea would be to use Hydrogen for testing.

Yup, Qjackctl & Hydrogen are the two applications I usually bring up first to
check the system. There are command line utilities like aplaymidi &
arecordmidi (or amidi if you want to send sysex). I used to use timidity for
this purpose, but I haven't had it working properly for a while.

cheers

tim hall