[linux-audio-user] Is there a shortcut to merely test a midi device?

Robert Jonsson robert.jonsson at dataductus.se
Fri May 7 09:54:58 EDT 2004

cat /dev/midi (the device may be named midi00 or similar)

though this requires that you have OSS or alsa + oss compatibility layer
working.
There is no "real" bruteforce test apart from inserting a serial listener on
the cables to check if there is any traffic... But not everybody has one of
those ;)

/Robert