[linux-audio-user] Newbie checks in

Malcolm Baldridge linux-audio at paypc.com
Mon May 10 21:44:05 EDT 2004

> So how about this one? - Creative Labs SoundBlaster MP3+ USB Audio unit
> Yeah, it's a cheapo, about 40 bucks at Fry's.

Just my 1/2 cent.  USB has no latency or bandwidth guarantees on any aspect
of its design.  I would strongly suggest that you'll have much better
results with software/hardware integration and smooth-running performance if
you use a real PCI audio card instead of a USB device.

All I hear are problems from people who own USB audio devices.

At least with Firewire (IEEE-1394), there is an explicit isochronous
transfer mode which at least pretends to maintain a QoS delivery mode.

Shagrat, formerly of Cirith Ungol, maintains the Dark Lord threw away all of
his USB audio replies,

=MB=

--
A focus on Quality.