[linux-audio-user] audacity 1.2.1

luis jure ljure at multitel.com.uy
Tue May 11 22:36:48 EDT 2004

el Tue, 11 May 2004 18:35:41 -0700
Jack Bowling <jbinpg at shaw.ca> escribió:

> > jack, just for the record, what configure options are you using?
>
> --with-libmad
> --with-vorbis
> --with-id3tag
> --with-libsndfile
> --with-libresample
> --with-portaudio

that was my same mistake. all those options are unnecessary if you have
those libraries installed, they are detected by configure and enabled by
default. follow my advise and delete the sources, untar anew and run a
simple ./configure. what i see when it ends is:

Finished configure:
  with    libresample
  with    libid3tag (system)
  with    libmad (system)
  with    LADSPA plug-ins
  with    Nyquist plug-ins
  with    vorbis (system)
  with    portmixer
  with    portaudio v18
  with    soundtouch
  with    help
prefix=/usr/local

after that make did work for me, why shouldn't it work for you too? of
course you can wait for ccrma rpms, but don't deprive yourself of the beauty
and satisfaction of using software you compiled yourself...

good luck,

lj