[linux-audio-user] LJ On-line article re: LAC2004

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki rzewnickie at rfa.org
Wed May 12 15:34:47 EDT 2004

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 11:39:40AM -0700, Florin Andrei wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 05:51, Dave Phillips wrote:
> >   Linux Journal has published a brief review of the Karlsruhe conference:
> >         http://linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=7577&mode=thread&order=0
> Dave, i was just reading it when i saw your email. ;-) Excellent
> article!
> I was quite amazed to learn that the Hartmann Neuron is based on Linux!
> Can you share more details with us?

In their presentation they said the system inside is an install of
Gentoo gnu/linux. Apparantly their own synthesis software and exactly
what hardware is inside it are trade secrets they weren't willing to
divulge. Some sort of x86 something or other, I think. It sounded really
cool, even over the merely stereo ogg vorbis stream. Those who were
there in person got to hear it in surround sound (5.1?).

-Eric Rz.