[linux-audio-user] A most bizarre problem.

Malcolm Baldridge linux-audio at paypc.com
Thu May 13 23:02:12 EDT 2004

> I'm sure you've tried it already, but just for the record:  I've
> noticed with one of those sound cards that the slider (on alsamixer)
> labeled 'Capture' causes to feed the output back in.  It should be
> record-disabled (I'm not sure, but IIRC just bringing the slider all
> the way down doesn't do the trick) while it is record-enabled by
> default(?).  I think.

I've tried it (it's an on/off setting toggled by hitting the SPACE bar), but
it KILLS THE LINE INPUT AUDIO completely!!

How annoying.  It's completely counter to what you'd expect too.  I'm amazed
that there's no way to record from the LINE IN jack and output audio onto
the LINE OUT w/o having the LINE-IN audio mixed with the audio output.  Is
it just I, or is that really bizarre?

Even The Dark Lord finds motherboard audio too difficult,

=MB=
--
A focus on Quality.