[linux-audio-user] Linux songs?!

Rik Baeten zipkes at yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 15 16:19:30 EDT 2004

On Friday 14 May 2004 19:07, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
> This idea has bugged me last months: how about making a punch of
> Linux songs? I already know R. Stallman has written a song about
> free software; perhaps that could be worked out first.
He DID write the lyrics, but the melody was borrowed from Sadi Moma, a
Bulgarian folk song in a 7/8 measure.

http://www.gnu.org/music/free-software-song.html
The site also has the score and 2 other versions of the song by other people,
including a heavy metal version with a grunted voice.  :O)

Well, I think you have (and Robert had) a good idea. Actually I was planning
to make a new version of the free software song this summer (when I have more
time).

Rik