[linux-audio-user] Apple Lossless codec

Jason Jones senorchamo at netzero.net
Mon May 17 22:16:27 EDT 2004

Ummm....  I'm not sure, but I think this guy is referring to the AAC
(Advanced Audio Codec), or the MP4 codec.  This is what the quicktime
movies encode with (most of the time).... and I believe the algorithm is
available using the FAAC codec (Free Advanced Audio Codec)...  I might
be off base, but...  If that's what you're talking about when you say
"lossless" audio codec, then yes - Linux already has an implimentation.

--Jason